Contents of Privacy Notice:
- What information we collect?
- How we collect your personal data?
- Why do we use your personal data?
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- How secure is information about me?
- Direct marketing emails
- How are third party advertisers and links used?
- International data transfer
- What rights do I have?
- Are children allowed to use Zee & Co?
This www.zeeandco.co.uk website is operated by Zee & Co Online Ltd. For the purpose of this document, Zee & Co Online Limited and Zee & Co Limited may be known as 'Zee&Co', 'we' 'us' or 'our'.
This privacy statement explains the type of personal data we may collect about you when you visit our website. It also explains how we'll store that data and keep that information safe.
2. WHAT information WE COLLECT
We only collect information that’s necessary to carry out our business or provide a service you’ve requested to keep you up-to-date with all the latest Zee & Co news. We will also collect data regarding your shopping habits on the pages and products you have visited on our website.View moreView less
We may collect the following information:
- Zee & Co collects personal information which may include your name, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders, receipts, email and telephone numbers.
- We may obtain information after you have given consent (for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters).
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- To ensure we deliver the best experience on our website, we collect information about any devices you have used to access our services including operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile identifiers.
- If you are purchasing a product in-store or over the telephone, we will collect transaction-based data (such as name, address, email and telephone numbers).
- We may collect and hold notes from our conversations with you.
- We may collect information for legitimate interests in a way which might be reasonably expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests (for example, we may use your purchase history to send you offers).
- We may store information when you enter any event, competition or lucky draw held by us.
- Your feedback and contribution to customer surveys and customer reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit one of our stores.
- Your social media username may be stored if you interact with us through social channels to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Overall, we collect your information when visiting the Zee & Co website or deciding to interact with us. This may include online purchasing, when you sign up to receive emails, over the telephone or in person. We also collect information for recommending areas of interest and to assist us to tailor your browsing and shopping experience. It is, of course, your choice whether you share such details with us.View moreView less
We collect information in various ways as listed below:
- When you register or use our website you may be asked to provide personal details to create an account. If you checkout as a guest, we may still collect transaction-based data and browsing history.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you join a Zee & Co loyalty scheme.
- When you contact us so that we can provide you with help and assistance.
- If you participate in any event, competition or prize-draw run by us.
- If you choose to assist us with any surveys to enhance and improve your shopping experience.
- If you comment on our service or products, the information you have provided will be stored.
- Shopping preferences may be collected to establish where you prefer to shop (which branch location).
- Details of your website visits and sites you visited prior to our website.
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
- When you buy products, gift vouchers. Details of transactions you make from us will be stored.
4. WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only ask and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us.
Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us but if you refuse to share certain data, we may not be able to provide some services you have asked for. For example, if you have contacted us ask whether we can Price Match a product, we cannot contact you if you have withdrawn consent.View moreView less
We process your data for the purposes described in this policy, including:
- To process any orders that you make on our website or in-store. If we are unable to collect your personal information during checkout, we will be unable to process your order or comply with our legal obligations.
- Details may be passed to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
- If a telephone number has been provided, we may send you an SMS text or email to let you know that your click and collect order is now available for collection in a branch.
- We use the information to allow us to respond to your refund requests, queries and complaints. We may keep a record of these written conversations to demonstrate how we communicated with you.
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new and improved website pages and systems.
- Display or send adverts based on your browsing or basket history, including your searches.
- To improve security by protecting against fraud and other illegal activities. For example, by checking your password when you login and operating CCTV systems within our stores and offices.
- This helps protect our customers from fraud and criminal activities.
- To comply with our legal and contractual obligations to share data with the police or courts.
- To conduct analysis and measurement to understand how our website and services are used.
5. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we keep your personal data, we will only retain the information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected.View moreView less
- The retention period varies depending on the purposes of processing. For example, the data collected during a purchase are retained in respect of the law (seven years in the UK), while data used for any marketing communications are retained until you ask to be subscribed.
- At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
6. HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We are committed to protecting your personal data as security is of paramount importance to us.View moreView less
- We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
- Our systems are regularly monitored for potential vulnerabilities, attacks and website security testing. The transactional areas of our website are secured using 'https' technology. Sensitive data (such as payment card details) are stored on our partner Sagepay systems and secured by SSL encryption.
- To ensure that we keep your data secure, we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and Sophos Security for our PC security and best practices.
- We enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe and only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
7. DIRECT MARKETING NEWSLETTERS
We want to present you with the latest offers, promotions and products which are of interest to you. We will only ever send you newsletters if you have consented to receive this information by either ticking the opt-in buttons on our website or by using the opt-in marketing cards within one of our stores.View moreView less
Please be assured that our direct marketing newsletter lists are not shared with other marketing list companies except for those who we have been authorised to help us provide our own marketing and newsletter services.
- You will be able to unsubscribe on every newsletter and marketing communication from us and are free to update your newsletter preferences or opt out of receiving these newsletters at any time.
How to unsubscribe from our direct marketing emails?
If you have changed your mind and no longer wish to receive our newsletters with promotions, discounts and other news, you can update your email preferences or withdraw your marketing consent by:
- clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on a marketing email;
- calling our Customer Care Team;
- emailing email@example.com;
- write to Marketing Department, Zee & Co, New Court Business Park, Perry Road, Harlow, Essex, CM187NS
Although we will update your preferences as quickly as possible, you may potentially receive a small number of communications immediately after unsubscribe until our systems are fully updated
8. HOW ARE THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS USED?
We sometimes share your data with our trusted third parties. For example, our credit card payment providers, delivery couriers, fraud management etc.View moreView less
- We only share your data on a need to know basis only.
- If we decide to withdraw from using any third-party service, your data will be either deleted or rendered anonymous.
- Examples of third parties we work with:
- IT Companies who support our website and other business systems;
- Direct marketing companies who assist us to manage our electronic communications with you
- We never sell or share our data with third parties for their own use.
- We may share your information regarding potential fraudulent activity with law enforcement, regulatory bodies or police.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
It may be necessary to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA) (such as USA, Norway etc). For example, to fulfil orders from customers outside the EEA.View moreView less
Personal information may be transferred outside the EEA for:
- The fulfilment and execution of a contract (order) received from outside the EEA for processing of payment or support services.
- For the management of your requests.
- It is sometimes necessary for us to share your information outside of the EEA if our service providers are located outside of the EEA. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with the data protection law and your personal information will be kept secure.
10. WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you and we will provide this to you once we have confirmed your identity and received a £10 administration fee by cheque or postal order.
You have the right to request the following:
- The correction of inaccuracies of your personal data. If this is not possible the data may be deleted or re-uploaded.
- You can ask that we stop using your personal data for marketing either through specific channels or all channels. If you have given us your consent to use your personal data for marketing, you can update or withdraw this consent at any time.
- The right to have your personal data deleted. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate, it will be our responsibility to stop processing and to delete your data. If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
- If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE ZEE & CO?
Zee & Co does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 16, you may use Zee&Co.co.uk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com